Date: January 20th, 2018
Location: Johnny & Hon’s Steak House, Robesonia PA
Cost: $30 a player, or $60 a team, if Pre-registered by January 10th After that it is $40 a player and $80 a team. We will have room for up to 50 teams!
This is the Berks-PA Gaming Club's Team Warhammer 40K event that raises money for the Four Diamonds Fund in the support of the fight against Pediatric Cancer.
PRE-REGISTRATION: Can be done online via PayPal to: BianconeGlobal@comcast.net
This is a 2-player Team event. Warhammer 40,000 8th edition rules. The most current rules, FAQ, and Codex book releases up until December 31st, 2017 will be in use. All standard Codex books, Imperial Armor and Forge World list permitted.. You need to have copies of the rules, either book, hard bound or electronic copy on a fully charged device.
**Your Team Slot will be reserved once you have pre-registered with at least 50% of the registration fee ($30). This event last year had 44 teams, we are expanding to 50...this could sell out, so book early!
This is a team event. 1500 points per player (3000 points per team) using matched play rules.
* Armies must be Battle forged and are limited to 1500 points each, must include an Army Warlord, and are limited to 2 detachments, AND those detachments MUST be different. One player can not field 2 of the same detachment. (for example: you can not field two Battalions, but you could field one Battalion and one Vanguard detachment, and so too could your team mate).
* Your team may not have more than ONE (1) of any special, unique, named characters or models.
* You and your teammate count as “ONE” army with the exception that you may not utilize each other’s transports or benefit from command re-rolls from your teammate and also benefit from other units in their army, even if they are of the same faction as yours. (7th Edition “Allies of Convenience”).
* Players may not share Command Points or re-rolls between each other.
*Each player will nominate a warlord for their army detachment.
Armies do NOT have to be fully painted, however only a fully painted army is eligible for the Players Choice award. Models MUST be fully built though. Incomplete models will NOT be permitted for play. Also, all models should be WYSIWYG (What you see is What you Get). If you are uncertain of a model or are using different models to represent something, please contact the Tournament Organizers with questions and perhaps a picture of the models in question: BerksGamingTO@yahoo.com
* Proxy Models are NOT allowed, but models do not need to be GW totally either. What that means is that you may have a custom model made up to be your warlord or a special unit, but please don’t use something blatantly wrong, like using Orks and calling them Terminators. This is especially so for the Horus Heresy armies. Please use the right models for the correct units.
* For deployment purposes, only half of EACH player's army may be held back for Deep Strike/Teleport depoloyment. Not one entire player's army. 1/2 of each players army maximum.
You should have at least 1 copy of the 8th edition rule book per team, all appropriate codexes, books and dice. PDF's and electronic formats (and copies of such) are permitted, but please have a FULLY charged electronic device with you if this is the case.
Each mission will score up to 25 points maximum per game. We will also feature sportsmanship per game, up to 10 points maximum per game.
Player Pre-Registration ends by January 10th, 2018
Cost: $30 per player ($60/team) pre-registered by 01/02/2014. $40 at the door (per player). Maximum number of 30-teams, (60 players)Pre-Registration can be done online via PayPal to me (Michael Biancone) at: BianconeGlobal@comcast.net
Part of pre-registration is also List Submission. All ARMY LISTS need to be in by January 10th, 2018. If they are not, you and your partner will not benefit from the pre-registration discount and will have to pay the difference of $20 at the door. Submit army lists to: BerksGamingTO@yahoo.com
We will feature changes to missions that are not standard with the rules and have winter themed and unexpected twists to the games played.
We will play 3 games, with each round being 3 hours long with scheduled 30 minute breaks. Lunch and dinner will be provided with the cost of the event. If you have any dietary needs, please contact the Tournament Organizer (Michael Biancone) so that proper provisions can be made for you.Schedule: (subject to change)
8:30-9:45- am Player Registration
* 9:45pm: Tournament Organizer Announcements and Pairings
* 10:00am-1:00 Round 1 games.
* 1:00pm-1:30pm: Break for lunch (30 min)
* 1:30pm-4:30pm: Round 2 games
* 4:30-5:00pm Break for snacks (30 min)
* 5:00pm-8:00pm Round 3 games
* 8:15pm Final Awards & Raffles
Raffle prizes will be broken down into 2 different allotments. This will keep the action going on all day long. Smaller prizes will be drawn during game 3 by our Tournament Staff. This will save time and we can simply announce winners based upon drawing raffle tickets for many of the smaller items we get donated to our event. We will save our biggest prizes for raffle draw at the end.
While there may be some minor prizes available and of course trophies, this event is intended more for fun, and as a fund raiser, will rely more upon donated prize support and divided out in a format that features basket raffles (a.k.a. Chinese auction).
The prize support will be done via Basket Raffles, but is not at all limited to war gaming or Warhammer items. In fact, any earned or purchased raffle tickets will be eligible for various other prizes that we have donated to our event. To save on time this year, players will only be able to earn bonus tickets in rounds 1 and 2. Round 3 will determine our final winners by points for additional prizes. To offset that, all players will receive bonus tickets upon registration. This will match what we used to give out in the past, and count as if everyone had won their 3rd game (in regards to the number of tickets they shall receive). Tournament, and will be available at $1 each, 6 tickets for $5, 15 tickets for $10, and 30 tickets for $20, and 85 tickets for $50 donation.
We will also have some Fun and Special recognition awards at the event, but they are still being worked out, but will be a fun way to celebrate the battles over the course of the day.
All monies raised from registration fees and raffle ticket sales will help cover the cost of the venue and expenses incurred in running the event. ALL proceeds beyond the expenses will be donated to THON in conjunction with Penn State Berks, organization #77. www.thon.org
My own daughter (Natalie Biancone) is going into her 8th-year cancer as a survivor, having been diagnosed with A.L.L. Leukemia back in September of 2007 at the age of 15-months old. Natalie is now a thriving 11 year old girl and we along with many other families benefited from the support of Hershey Medical Center, the Four Diamonds Fund, as well as the efforts of the Students at Penn State Dance Marathon, who have now raised over $100 million over the past 40 years for the Four Diamonds Fund.
This event allows us to give back to such a wonderful organization.
Some Penn State student may be on hand to assist our staff with running the event as well. For those who do not know the full story, As Tournament Organizer (Michael Biancone), my daughter Natalie was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia in 2007 when she was just 15 months old. Thanks to the Four Diamonds Foundation, the specialist and social workers they employ as well as the money raised by the students at Penn State University, my daughter was treated and cured of her cancer. The Four Diamonds Foundation helped cover medical expenses that families insurance does not cover as well as provide many other benefits including specialists, counseling, cancer research as well as support for the families who have to contend with such tragedies.
More information on the Four Diamonds Foundation and the Penn State Dance marathon can be found here at : www.thon.org
For information about my daughter Natalie Biancone and her battle and victory against cancer, you are welcome to visit her website and read up on her journal: www.caringbridge.org/
SPONSORS FOR BERKS WINTER BLAST 2018:
1 1up Collectibles
Owl Central Games
Secret Weapon Miniatures
Modelbahn Otts, hobby shop
AA comics, Lebanon PA
Hooked On Comics, Myerstown, PA
* Portable Warfare
***Geeky Jerseys (pending)
* Fear This Kustoms
* Laser Terrain company
* Techtonic Craft Studios
* Dicehead Games
* For Army Deployment, only up to half of EACH player's army may be held in reserve, so both players of a team must still have 1/2 of their army deployed.
* No team may field 2 of the same "named" character. Only one Vulkan He'stan per team. ect.
* 30K and Horus Heresy is not allowed because they do not have 8th edition rules yet.
* Armies can be the same type, but will still count as separate armies as far as allies go on the same team.
We will be adding sponsors to our list, and if you know of anyone or your club would like to sponsor our event with any prizes, please let us know. This is all for a great cause.